For years we have been working with small businesses to craft beautiful, usable websites optimized for natural search. But a website and high search engine rankings are only part of an online media strategy. Consumers aren't just using Google to find things anymore. Increasingly, their first stop is an online review site like Yelp or social media site like Facebook or Twitter.
We like to save small business owners time. We have always set up websites to be editable without paying a designer to update the code. While most of our clients could find the time to update content, and even write the occasional blog post or email newsletter, it seemed there was never enough time to monitor all the social media and online review sites. Yelp and Facebook pages stood empty, and blog posts, which are a great tool for ranking higher in search results, fell by the wayside.
Most small business owners don't have the resources to hire someone full time, so we developed a suite of services to maintain the pillars of a good online reputation:
- Responding quickly to Yelp reviews, Facebook posts, and Twitter tweets.
- Actively tweeting on Twitter and promoting your business on Facebook with relevant conversations about your business and promotions you're running.
- Regular blogging and email newsletters featuring information relevant to the happenings of your business.
- Incorporating your website into your social media strategy by encouraging reviews on key sites and displaying social commentary about your business on your site.
- Helping businesses identify key social influencers and encourage interaction with them.
We're always open to new ideas and suggestions from clients and new friends. Hope to hear from you soon!
The Social Sonar Team